CHOCOLATE CUPCAKES WITH BLACK- CURRANT JAM AND MATCHA FROSTING
|90 G||Cocoa Powder|
|1 TL||Baking Powder|
|1/2 EL||Bicarbonate of soda|
|90 ML||Vegetable Oil|
|180 ML||Warm Water|
|2 EL||Blackcurrant Jam|
Matcha for Cooking Fuku
|1||Packet of vanilla pudding powder|
|250 G||warm Butter|
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C. Line a mini-muffin tin with little paper cases and set aside.
- In a bowl, mix together all dry ingredients and make a hollow in the middle. Pour the buttermilk, oil and water into the hollow and beat in with the electric whisk. Add and beat in the eggs. Distribute the dough between the paper cases and bake for 20 to 25 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Use a sharp knife to cut circles out of the tops of the cup- cakes and fill with blackcurrant jam.
- For the frosting, place 300 ml of milk and the sugar in a pan and bring to the boil. In a bowl, mix together the remaining 100 ml of milk, the aiya Matcha and pudding powder. As soon as the milk comes to the boil, add the Matcha mix and bring back to the boil. Set aside to cool.
- Beat the butter till creamy. Gradually add in the pudding mixture 1tbsp at a time and stir in thoroughly. Stir the mix for another 5 minutes until the frosting becomes fluffy in texture.
- Put the Matcha frosting into a piping bag and use to decorate the cupcakes, or spread the frosting evenly over the cupcakes using a knife.
FOR: APPROX. 24 CUPCAKES | PREPARATION TIME: APPROX. 1 HOUR, EXCL. COOLING TIME