MATCHA SHORTBREADS WITH CHERRY ICING
For the shortbreads:
|70 G||icing sugar|
|250 G||plain flour|
|2 TBSP||aiya – THE TEA Everyday Matcha Izumi|
For the cherry icing:
|150 G||icing sugar|
|juice of one lemon|
|cherry aroma, to taste|
|edible gold glitters to sprinkle (optional)|
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (th. 6).
- In a bowl, combine the soft diced butter with icing sugar. In a second bowl, combine flour and matcha powder. Add the flour-matcha mixture into the bowl with the butter mixture and mix with a hand mixer to form a dough.. With your hands, knead the dough to form a ball, wrap in clinge foil and let it rest for 30 mins.
- Place the dough onto a slightly floured surface and roll the pastry out. Using a round-shaped cookie cutter, cut out circles from the dough and place the shortbreads on a baking tray lined with non-sticky baking paper.
- Repeat the process until all dough has been used.
- Bake for 15-20 mins and remove just before the cookies become gold-brown. Leave to cool on a cooling rack.
Prepare the icing:
- In a bowl, add the icing sugar and gradually whisk in the lemon juice. Add the food colouring and the aroma and blend everything together.
- Finally, dip half of the shortbreads into the icing, and removie any excess. Place on a non-stick baking paper, quickly sprinkle with edible glitters (if using) and leave to set completely.
FOR: 25 COOKIES | PREPARATION TIME: 45 MIN. | COOKING TIME: 15-20 MIN. | REST TIME: 30 MIN.