The right preparation of Matcha
The art of the perfect matcha tea preparation consists of a few simple but important steps:
- Boil fresh water that is as soft as possible
- Allow the water to cool to around 80°C (e.g. open kettle, wait for 10 minutes or decant the water into a different container four or five times – each time water is decanted it loses approx. 4-5° Celsius.)
- Place 1 g matcha tea (2 bamboo scoops or ½ teaspoon) in a matcha bowl
- Pour in approx. 80 ml water (80°)
- Beat the tea until it froths using the bamboo whisk. This takes approx. 15 seconds.
- Special Tipp: Matcha is best stored in your fridge. This way, your green gold keeps its freshness, aroma and taste for longer!
INCIDENTALLY: MATCHA IS CONSIDERED THE ESPRESSO OF TEAS. FOR THIS REASON, THE MATCHA BOWL IS NOT FILLED RIGHT TO THE TOP, BUT TO A LEVEL OF TWO FINGERS.