INGREDIENTS for approx. 18 pieces
|1 cup||sushi rice. We used “NISHIKI”.|
|100 g||raw tuna|
|100 g||raw salmon|
|one tin of wild salmon (or similar) caviar|
|1 pack||dried seaweed|
|1 tsp||Matcha for Cooking Fuku|
|juice of 1/2 lime|
|½ tsp||Matcha for Cooking Fuku|
- Boil the sushi rice following the instructions on the packaging. The sushi vinegar is mixed with the readily boiled rice when the latter is still warm. Add as much vinegar as indicated. Leave the rice to rest in a wooden bowl afterwards while covering it with a wet kitchen towel.
- Prepare the Matcha topping by mixing all the necessary ingredients.
- Slice tuna, salmon, cucumber and avocado thinly.
- Cut the dried seaweed with a pair of scissors into thin streaks and put aside.
- Stretch a piece of clingfilm over a bowl, put two slices of fish or vegetables in the middle and add one tablespoon of sushi rice on top.
- Take the clingfilm to form a small ball and twist the ends as much as needed to remove all the air underneath it and get a compact ball. Open the clingfilm and use the same method to form more other balls.
- Wind the seaweed-streaks around the Temari Sushi and garnish with the caviar, using a spoon.
- Garnish with Matcha topping and serve with Wasabi and / or ginger according to your own liking.
FOR: 2 PORTIONS | PREPARATION TIME: APPROX. 1 HOUR PLUS WAITING TIME