MATCHA & ROSE PANNA COTTA
For the Panna Cotta:
||warm water (80°C)|
|2 TBSP||aiya – THE TEA Premium Matcha for Cooking Fuku|
For the syrup:
|4 TBSO||dried rosebuds + extra to serve|
|pink food colouring (optional)|
- Prepare the rose syrup one day before serving: place sugar and water in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Add rosebuds and boil for 10 mins.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat, leave to cool and infuse for 24 hrs.
- Soak gelatin sheets in cold water. In a second saucepan, heat whipped cream with sugar and stir until sugar has dissolved. After sugar has dissolved, remove saucepan from heat.
- Sift the matcha powder into a bowl and pour the water 80°C inside. Wisk with a bamboo whisk until a nice frothy layer appears on the surface. Pour the mixture into the saucepan with whipped cream and sugar and blend together.
- Squeeze excess water from the gelatin sheets, add them to the whipped cream mixture and blend everything together. Divide the cream between 8-10 glasses and refrigerate for 2 hrs.
- Serve the Panna Cotta with rose syrup, add some food colouring (if using) and extra rosebuds on top.
FOR: 8-10 PANNA COTTA | PREPARATION TIME: 25 MIN. | COOKING TIME: 15 MIN. | REST TIME: 26 H