MATCHA AND MIXED BERRIES CHARLOTTE
|500 ML||pouring cream|
||Matcha for Cooking Fuku|
|1||vanilla pod, split and seeds removed|
|200 G||mixed berries hopped|
For the syrup:
|80 G||caster sugar|
||fruit alcohol of your choice (cherry liqueur)|
- Soak the gelatine sheets in cold water. In a bowl, whisk egg yolks and sugar with Matcha. In a saucepan, bring the milk and 20 cl whipped cream to a boil. Add the vanilla pod and seeds, cover and let it infuse for 15 mins. Pour into the bowl, discarding the vanilla pod while whisking. Pour the mixture back in the saucepan and cook over medium heat, whisking. When it starts boiling, remove from the heat and add the squeezed gelatine and whisk to combine. Transfer into a bowl and let it cool, stirring occasionally so it does not set. Whisk the remaining cream until stiff peaks form and carefully fold through the bowl.
- Place the sugar and water in a saucepan and bring to a boil for 5 mins. Remove from the heat and add the alcohol.
- Let it cool. Line the bottom and the edge of a 20-cm charlotte mold with parchment paper.
- Quickly dip each ladyfinger in the syrup before placing them vertically, flat side down, along the inner walls of the mold. Add ¼ of the Matcha mousse into the mold, spreading it out gently to touch the ladyfingers. Add a layer of berries and add another ¼ of the Matcha mousse, spread out and add a layer of ladyfingers. Repeat and finishing with a layer of ladyfingers. Place the charlotte in the fridge for at least 4h.
- To serve, gently remove the mold onto a serving plate. Top with the remaining berries and some flowers of your choice.
FOR: 6-8 PORTIONS | PREPARATION TIME: 40 MIN. | COOKING/BAKING TIME: 10 MIN. | RESTING TIME: 4 H 15 MIN.