WITH MATCHA – BASIL – AIOLI
INGREDIENTS – Burger
250 g Sushi Rice (we used rice by Yume Nishiki)
4 – 6 Tbsp beetroot-juice
50 ML Sushi vinegar
250 g fresh salmon
2 cloves galic, mashed
some olive oil
50 g frozen Edamame
1 Avocado, diced
black Sesame seeds
INGREDIENTS – Matcha – Basil – Mayonnaise
200 ML sunflower seed oil
1/2 lemon (juice)
3-5 leaves of basil
1 Tsp Dijon – mustard
2 Tsp aiya – THE TEA Matcha Akashi
salt and pepper
- Cook the Sushi rice following the instructions on the packaging. Add the beetroot-juice to the rice water, to make it turn pink. Stir well to color the rice as evenly as possible.
- As soon as the rice is ready, leave to rest for 20 minutes in the pot, covered with a towel. Afterwards, put the rice into a big, flat bowl of wood. Loosen with a scoop while incorporating the Sushi vinegar. Afterwards, put the humid towel back on the rice and leave to rest again for 30 minutes.
- During the waiting time the Mayonnaise can be prepared. For doing so, put the yolks into a high container and mix with the lemon juice and the mustard, using an immersion blender. Step by step also add the oil. Make sure to also add some air from time to time, by pulling the blender out of the mixture and back in.
- Add the basil leaves and the sieved Matcha and mix until creamy. Add salt and pepper and put aside.
- The salmon is seared with the mashed garlic and the olive oil for about 1 minute. Reduce the heat to mid-level and cover with a top. Leave for about 8 minutes to finish cooking. The salmon can be pulled with two forks to make it fall apart like a “pulled salmon”.
- Cook the edamame following the instructions on the packaging, strain and set aside.
- After the rice has cooled down, the buns can be formed. Use small bowls with about 10 cm in diameter to form the lids. Lay a piece of cling film into the bowl and press the rice in firmly, up to the edge of the bowl. The rice should become compact and not fall apart.
- The lower layers of the buns are easily formed with dessert rings of the same diameter (approx. 10 cm).
- Fill the Sushi buns in the following oder: Sushibun – lower layer, salmon, avocado, edamame, Matcha-mayonnaise, Sushibun-Lid. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and rye caviar and serve.
FOR: 2 PORTIONS | PREPARATION TIME: APPROX. 45 - 60 MINUTES PLUS WAITING TIME