|20 G||fresh yeast|
|350 G||butter, room temperature|
|14 CL||lukewarm water|
|1 EGG + 1 EGG YOLK||to brush the buns|
Für die Crème:
|250 CL||milk (3,5 % fat)|
|15 G||corn starch|
|1 TBSP||Matcha for Cooking Fuku|
|1||vanilla pod, split and seeds removed|
|50 G||white almonds, chopped|
- In a small bowl, whisk the yeast and a tbsp of lukewarm water to dissolve the yeast. Place 100 g cubed butter, salt, sugar and half the flour in the bowl of an electric mixer, add the yeast and start mixing. Add the remaining water and the milk and keep mixing. Add the flour and keep kneading the dough for 10 mins until it is smooth and elastic. Wrap in cling film and let it rest for 1h in a warm place.
- Transfer the dough onto the slightly floured board and knit well. Form a rectangle where the length is twice as long as the widths. Wrap in cling film and place in the fridge for 1 more hour.
- Place the dough onto a surface and place the butter evenly onto the dough. (Make sure that the butter is not too soft. It should have the same consistency as the dough).
- Now fold the dough in half over the butter and turn 90° to the right. Roll out with a rolling pin so the rectangle is 4 times as long as it is wide. Repeat once more by folding the dough in half. Wrap in cling film and let is rest for 1 hour in the fridge
- Place the milk in a saucepan with the vanilla pod and the seeds and bring to a boil. In a bowl, place the egg yolks, sugar, starch and Matcha and whisk well to combine. Pour the milk into the bowl, discarding the vanilla pod and whisk once more to combine. Pour the mixture back in the saucepan and cook it over medium heat, whisking. When it starts boiling, remove from heat and transfer to a bowl. Cover with cling film and let it cool to room temperature.
- Transfer the dough onto a slightly floured board and roll out until 4 mm thick. Spread the crème pâtissière onto the dough, leaving a 2 cm boarder on the sides at the top. Sprinkle with chopped almonds.
- Now start rolling the dough in the direction of the 2 cm boarder and brush the uncovered dough with water to seal the roll. Wrap with cling film and place into the fridge for 30 mins.
- With a sharp knife, cut the dough in 2 cm thick slices. Place them on a baking tray, lined with non-sticky baking paper and let it rest for 2h30 at a warm place. In a bowl, mix egg and the egg yolk and brush the dough to give it a nice shine. Preheat the oven to 180°C (th. 6) and bake for 20 to 25 mins or until golden
FOR: 40 BUNS | PREPARATION TIME: 1H | BAKING TIME: 30-40 MIN. | RESTING TIME: 6H